Thank you for entrusting the care of you pet to Armac Veterinary Group Limited.
At Armac Veterinary Group Limited we try and make things as clear as possible. Legal terms and conditions can often be confusing so we endeavour to always use plain English for clarity where ever possible. Some aspects may not be relevant to you and we request that you ask for further clarification or explanation if required.
Privacy: Use of Client Date – Access and Ownership of Records
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This document sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is HR Department Armac Veterinary Group Limited 147 The Rock Bury Lancashire BL9 0ND.
Your consent – Information we collect and why
By using the services provided within any of Armac Veterinary Group Limited surgeries, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database created and operated by us, our group and/or other selected third-parties such as referral centres
When you register your pet in one of our surgeries you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and if applicable payment information (i.e. insurance claim). You may also be requested to give your details for other reasons. These details are collected either in person, by telephone or online (email), to help us:
- Register your details as a new client or update your details if they have changed
• Make and/or manage appointments
• Process the fees due for any treatment
• Contact you about your pet, your account or credit status where required
• Deliver a safe and secure service by helping to prevent and detect fraud. From time to time we may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes
• Speed up your form filling processes
• Enhance your experience by delivering a more personally tailored service
- Respond to any issues or queries via the HR team; and/or
• Notify you about changes to our service.
Statement on the use and disclosure of personal data
We may send you by post, SMS or email, reminders and services which may be of interest to you or in the best interest of your pets’ health. We may also telephone you to discuss treatment details or outstanding balance updates.
We may also permit selected third-parties such as referral centers to use your data to provide you with updates directly. They may also contact you by email or SMS where you have consented to receive such communications.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to ensure our quality standards are maintained and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Armac Veterinary Group Limited or any charity, animal support agencies, adoption agencies, where you have consented to such communications.
We may use for the purpose of promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, any comments or feedback (excluding personal data) which you post publicly or provide to the surgeries, without notice or without any fee being paid.
We may disclose your personal information to third-parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If Armac Veterinary Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third-party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Armac Veterinary Group Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and our internal investigations including customer complaints and claims.
Your Rights – Access Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right to access the personal data about you that is held by us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the following address: Armac Veterinary Group Limited, HR Department, 147 The Rock, Bury, Lancashire BL9 0ND, enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £15 payable to Armac Veterinary Group Limited to meet the administrative costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Referrals – Second Opinions
Armac Veterinary Group Limited are able to offer in-house specialist referrals for procedures such as Cardiology, Soft Tissue Surgery, Ultrasonography and Orthopedic Surgery. For more complex procedures we offer the option for your animal to be referred to one of our third-party referral centers, North West Surgeons, Chester Gates or Liverpool University. Please note that on occasion due to the type of referral required for you animal our Veterinary Surgeons may only offer one specific referral center.
In the case of a client requiring a second opinion we are able to provide them with option of seeing another Veterinary Surgeon from within the group. Or upon request, should the client elect another Veterinary Practice to conduct any second opinion send a copy of their animals’ medical history.